How Vans Custom Culture works –
• The first 1,500 U.S.-based public or private high schools registered for Vans Custom Culture by a teacher or school administrator will receive four pairs of Vans shoes to make their own custom creations. Each pair of shoes must represent one of four themes: Action Sports (Defined as boards and bikes, not stick and ball!) Music, Art, and Local Flavor (Inspired by surrounding community, city or state).
• Schools then submit photos online via the Vans Custom Culture website. Vans staff then select 50 semi-finalists (10 schools per region, 5 regions total) which will be posted to the website for public voting ( beginning April 22nd, 2013).
• The top five finalists, determined by online voting and announced May 14th, will travel to New York City for the final event
The final event –
• The final event includes surprise celebrity judges and the chance to win a $50,000 grand prize for their school’s art program.
• Runner ups will receive $4,000 prizes for their programs too.
• A final prize from Vans’ partner, Journeys, will also award $10,000 to the school with the best Local Flavor themed shoe
Misc. >> 2013 Vans Costume Culture design