We’ve been talking about skin health a lot lately. From sunscreen to getting your skin checked, this time of year when the sun is blazing it’s on all our minds! So when, per our brand ambassador relationship with Neutrogena, we had the chance to chat with actress Emma Roberts and celeb make-up artist and beauty expert Amy Oresman about their best healthy skin tips, we knew we had to pick their beautiful brains. And, guys, they had such good info!
But, first, let’s let them introduce themselves and say ‘ello to you all in person! Or video. You know what we mean…
5 Healthy Skin Tips From Emma Roberts and Amy Oresman
1. Eat darker-colored veggies. Amy says that if you really want your skin to be beautiful, you should make a point to eat plenty of leafy greens—and the darker the skin on the veggie the better. “The vegetables with darker colors are better for skin. They’ve had more sunlight, which is really great for skin.”
2. Don’t like veggies? Try juicing. Lately Emma has been drinking lots of pressed juice in addition to eating a healthy diet. “I don’t love vegetables, so I make a lot of juices to get my vegetables in. That way I’m still getting what I need!”
3. Drink a lot of water. One of the most important things you can do to have fresh, healthy and glowing skin? “Drink a lot of water. It’s really important,” Amy says.
4. Always, always, always wash your face. You probably already know to wash your face or at least remove your make-up before you work out, but Amy says that it’s important to wash your face daily because of more than just preventing breakouts. “Skin can get exposed and clogged from free radicals and pollution,” she says. Be sure to wipe down at least once a day with something like Neutrogrena’s Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, she says.
5. Love your workouts. Emma says that when she’s eating healthy and working out that she can see it on her face, her body, her hair and her skin. Her favorite workouts of late are Ballet Bodies classes and SoulCycle. ”It’s fun to see how much you can improve your looks by having a healthy diet and lifestyle!”
How do you keep your skin healthy? —Jenn