Is there big trouble for seemingly happy couple Emma Roberts and Evan Peters?
Roberts, 22, was arrested on July 7 for domestic violence, according to TMZ.
The actress was apparently taken into custody from her Montreal hotel after someone called authorities when they heard a dispute coming from the room she shared with Peters, 26.
“It was an unfortunate incident and misunderstanding,” according to a joint statement to PEOPLE from the reps for Roberts and Peters. “Ms. Roberts was released after questioning and the couple are working together to move past it.”
According to the TMZ report, Evans was found with a bloody nose and a bite mark.
A law enforcement source confirms to PEOPLE that there was a conflict between a couple in Montreal on the reported date and that a female was arrested, but declines to state who was involved because prosecutors aren’t pressing charges and the case has been closed.
The pair of actors, who starred together in this year’s Adult World, first began publicly buzzing as a couple a year ago when they attended a wedding together in Santa Barbara, Calif., as apparent dates.
Roberts, who previously dated Glee’s Chord Overstreet, appeared all smiles with her American Horror Story actor beau last September when they both attended an art event.
Since then, the couple have managed to keep a low profile and stay out of the limelight.
My only comment is who really knows what went down except Emma and Evan so it’s their life and they will make the decision on what’s next! Now moving on…
We’ve been talking about skin health a lot lately. From sunscreen to getting your skin checked, this time of year when the sun is blazing it’s on all our minds! So when, per our brand ambassador relationship with Neutrogena, we had the chance to chat with actress Emma Roberts and celeb make-up artist and beauty expert Amy Oresman about their best healthy skin tips, we knew we had to pick their beautiful brains. And, guys, they had such good info!
But, first, let’s let them introduce themselves and say ‘ello to you all in person! Or video. You know what we mean…
5 Healthy Skin Tips From Emma Roberts and Amy Oresman
1. Eat darker-colored veggies. Amy says that if you really want your skin to be beautiful, you should make a point to eat plenty of leafy greens—and the darker the skin on the veggie the better. “The vegetables with darker colors are better for skin. They’ve had more sunlight, which is really great for skin.”
2. Don’t like veggies? Try juicing. Lately Emma has been drinking lots of pressed juice in addition to eating a healthy diet. “I don’t love vegetables, so I make a lot of juices to get my vegetables in. That way I’m still getting what I need!”
3. Drink a lot of water. One of the most important things you can do to have fresh, healthy and glowing skin? “Drink a lot of water. It’s really important,” Amy says.
4. Always, always, always wash your face. You probably already know to wash your face or at least remove your make-up before you work out, but Amy says that it’s important to wash your face daily because of more than just preventing breakouts. “Skin can get exposed and clogged from free radicals and pollution,” she says. Be sure to wipe down at least once a day with something like Neutrogrena’s Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, she says.
5. Love your workouts. Emma says that when she’s eating healthy and working out that she can see it on her face, her body, her hair and her skin. Her favorite workouts of late are Ballet Bodies classes and SoulCycle. ”It’s fun to see how much you can improve your looks by having a healthy diet and lifestyle!”
How do you keep your skin healthy? —Jenn
Check out the official Empire State trailer below! The film will be released on DVD/Blu-ray on September 3rd!
EDIT: Added captures from the trailer below!
Lionsgate Home Entertainment will bring to Blu-ray director Dito Montiel’s action drama Empire State (2013), starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Liam Hemsworth, and Emma Roberts. The preliminary release date set by the studio is September 3rd.
Synopsis: After failing to get into the police academy, Chris Potamitis settles for a security guard job with the Empire State Armored Truck Company. Chris makes the mistake of mentioning the company’s lax security to his best friend, Eddie, and is soon unwittingly drawn into an elaborate scheme to rob the abundant amounts of cash being stored there – resulting in the largest cash heist in U.S. history. As the stakes continue to rise, Chris and Eddie must outwit James Ransone, the veteran NYPD Detective that is hot on their trail, as well as the local crime bosses that want to know who pulled a job on their turf, or suffer the consequences.
-Director’s Audio Commentary
-Behind the scenes interviews with cast/crew
-“Anatomy of a Heist: Interview with Chris Potamitis – The Mastermind Behind the Robbery” featurette
Some girls may get a new haircut for summer. Others might try out a new bronzer. But Emma Roberts may just outdo them all.
On her summer agenda: “I want to try colored mascaras this summer,” she tells PEOPLE. “Maybe dye my hair a cool color. I love seeing girls do that.”
She didn’t give up any hints on hue (here’s hoping for bright purple!) but since we’ve gotten a glimpse at her artistic side as the Vans Custom Culture ambassador this year, we think she may just go bright.
The star (who is serving on a judging panel in the June 11 contest to determine which finalist high school will receive $50,000 from Vans for their arts program) doodled on her own pair of pair of Vans (above) to help rev up participation in the competition.
“I wanted to do a girlie take on classic Vans. That’s why I did the classic checkers but also did lips and a heart [on the toes],” she tells us.
That’s all well and good, but how do the rest of us wear sneakers with our everyday outfits? “I wear black lace-up Vans with everything from dresses to denim shorts,” she says, noting that her go-to outfit would be Genetic denim shorts, a cute tank and aviators. Also on her wish list: a white Proenza Schouler bag that “I’m dying over,” Elkin dresses and lots of vintage.
Emma voices the character of Amanda Barrington on FOX’s Family Guy, which the episode aired last week on May 19th! The Griffins are invited to join the prestigious Barrington Country Club. Check out her clips below!